- Mix 1/2-cup all-purpose cleaner, white vinegar or wood cleaner with 1/2-cup water in a spray bottle.
- Spray the cabinets with the mixture, one cabinet at a time.
- Rinse the sponge, wring it out, and wipe the cabinet again to remove the cleanser.
- Dry the cabinet with a soft towel or rag.
Moreover, how do you get stains out of cherry cabinets?
Tips for Keeping Your Cherry Wood Cabinets Clean
- First, use a soft, lint free cloth to to rid your cabinets of dirt and dust. …
- You can use a little water and mild soap to wipe away food stains – no scrub pads!
Also to know is, what takes grease off of cabinets?
Distilled White Vinegar
Wipe down the greasy section on your cabinet, and let the vinegar do its work for 10 or 15 minutes. When your timer goes off, loosen the grease by taking a damp sponge to the surface, then take a water-soaked washcloth and wipe down the buildup.
How do I clean sticky wood cabinets?
Mix 1 cup of water, 1 teaspoon of white toothpaste, and 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Use your finger or a spoon to mix it well. Dip a sponge in the mixture and scrub down your cabinets. Rinse with a damp cloth until all residue is gone.
You must do some finish sanding after chemical stripping, but overall, chemical stripping can save time. When you finish sanding, fill any remaining holes, dents, gouges and defects with cherry wood filler. Prepare the cabinets, doors, drawers and shelves by lightly sanding them with 180 grit sandpaper.
Use 50% water and 50% distilled vinegar for a streak-free look. If your kitchen glass cabinet has wooden mullions, then do not spray the distilled vinegar directly on the surface. Instead, spray onto a cloth and gently wipe.
For a more serious spot cleaning, make a paste of baking soda and water. Apply it to the food or grease stain and let it sit for a few minutes before wiping away with a damp cloth. Buff the cherry wood cabinets dry.
The Best Furniture Polishes to Make Every Surface Shine
- Best Oil: Pledge Restore & Shine. Pledge. …
- Best Aerosol: Guardsman Anytime Clean & Polish. …
- Best Wax: Howard Feed-N-Wax Wood Polish. …
- Best Wipe: Weiman Furniture Wipes. …
- Best Duster: Twinkle Dust and Shine Cloth. …
- Best Scratch Solution: Weiman Repair Kit.
Clean the Wood
- Pour a small amount of mineral spirits into a glass jar. …
- Dip a piece of 0000 steel wool into the mineral spirits and gently rub the wood.
- Apply denatured alcohol to the wood with a clean cloth to remove the mineral spirits.
You should not leave any moisture behind because it may damage the wood if left unchecked. The next step would be to spray the entire furniture piece with aerosol furniture polish and spread it evenly on the surface. Finally, buff the entire cherry wood furniture by wiping it with another dry cloth.
Some suggest using oil soap or wax, but if you have a Woodcraft cherry dining table, we do not recommend using these products. All you need to do is dust frequently and wipe down the table with a damp cloth, followed by a dry one that you should use to buff the wood along the grain.