You can use white distilled vinegar and water to create an all natural cleaning solution for the deck. Vinegar is a good option as it will remove mildew, mold, and dirt on the wood. Combine 1 cup vinegar with 1 gallon water. Then, pour it in a bucket with a wide top.
Keeping this in consideration, what is the best product to clean a wood deck?
- BEST OVERALL: STAR BRITE Non-Skid Deck Cleaner & Protectant.
- ECO PICK: Simple Green Oxy Solve Total Outdoor Cleaner.
- BEST FOR MOLD AND MILDEW: Wet & Forget Moss, Mold, Mildew & Algae Stain Remover.
- BEST FOR OIL AND GREASE: Oil Eater Original Cleaner/Degreaser.
- BEST ALGAE CONTROL: CITRA-SHIELD EXTERIOR ALGAE CONTROL SYSTEMS.
Keeping this in view, what’s the easiest way to clean a deck?
Can you use baking soda to clean a deck?
Baking soda: Mix a gallon of water and a cup of baking soda, stirring up the solution until the baking soda is completely dissolved. You can then use a scrub brush or broom brush to thoroughly scrub the deck with the mixture before you rinse it clean with water.
Using oxygen bleach, vinegar, or hydrogen peroxide, or TSP solutions will also remove algae from the deck boards. Scrape the surface foliage off first without damaging the wood. Apply the cleaner as per its directions, or the other solutions using a pump sprayer or scrub brush.