Vinegar, Baking Soda & Peroxide
- Mix one part vinegar with one part water.
- Blot the urine stain with a rag that is soaked with the vinegar solution. …
- Pour part of the vinegar solution directly onto the stain.
- Scrub the solution using a scrub brush or toothbrush.
- Blot the stain with a paper towel until dry.
Accordingly, what is the best way to remove pet odor from carpet?
Consider renting a carpet cleaner from your local hardware or grocery store. Use a high-quality pet odor neutralizer once the area is clean. Use carpet stain remover if the area still looks stained after it’s completely dry. Avoid using steam cleaners to clean urine odors from carpet or upholstery.
Then, how do you make homemade pet stain and odor remover?
Pet Stain and Odor Remover Recipe
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar.
- 1 cup water.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 15 drops Lemon essential oil.
- 5 drops Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil.
- 5 drops Purification® essential oil blend.
- 2 cups baking soda (optional, for tough or already-dried stains)
What is the best stain remover for dog urine?
The Best Pet Stain Removers
- Best Overall: Nature’s Miracle Set-In-Stain Destroyer.
- Best Stain and Odor Remover: Rocco & Roxie Professional Strength.
- Best for Carpet: Rejuvenate Carpet and Upholstery Spot and Stain Remover.
- Best for Urine: Nature’s Miracle Dog Enzymatic Urine Destroyer.
Different types of fibers react to urine differently. On some, stains will almost immediately become visible. Others may not show stains at all. Although a professional decontamination for urine and a thorough cleaning may lighten some visible stains, urine stains in general are permanent.
For a more resilient urine stain: Soak a rag in a mixture of vinegar and water (1:1 ratio) and blot the stain on your carpet. If the stain persists, pour a bit of the vinegar and water solution directly on the stain, scrub with a scrub brush and blot dry.
Baking soda is a proven odor absorber, plus it’s cheap and all-natural. “Baking soda’s particles go deep down into the carpet, past the point you can’t even see, all the way to the base to absorb and neutralize odors.
Removing Odor From Hardwood
The first is similar to what you’d use on carpet. Mix a one-to-one solution of white vinegar and water. Using a sponge, rub the solution onto the stain. Let it sit for 5-to-10 minutes, and then wipe it up with a clean, dry towel.
Hydrogen peroxide solutions commonly used in households is diluted to a 3% grade. However, there’s still the risk that the solution can bleach your carpet, depending on the dye. Your safest bet, therefore, is to test the hydrogen peroxide solution on a hidden portion of your carpet before using it for stain removal.
Mix a cup of room temperature water with a few drops of dish soap. Use a white towel or a microfiber towel to work it into the stain. Don’t get it too wet or it could soak through the carpet pad. Let it sit for a few minutes and then use a clean cloth and fresh water to blot the stain.
One homemade pet stain cleaner to try is a solution of 50% white vinegar and 50% water. The vinegar will act to neutralize the stain and eliminate much of the odor. Mix the solution in a clean, empty spray bottle. Apply the solution liberally to the stain, so it soaks down into the carpet and the pad.
Baking soda naturally neutralizes odors. Sprinkle it liberally on the damp area or even an old urine stain, and work the powder gently into the fibers of any fabric, rug or carpet. Let the baking soda sit overnight for maximum odor absorption, then vacuum it up to remove the smell completely.
Homemade Cleaners for Natural-Fiber Carpets
- Detergent solution: Mix one teaspoon of translucent liquid dishwashing detergent, such as Dawn or Joy, into 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Vinegar solution: Mix ¼ cup of white vinegar with ¼ cup of water.
Mix vinegar with warm water in a clean spray bottle. Spray generously over stain. Over top of the sprayed stain, spread a thin layer of baking soda. Within an hour (or longer, for more set-in stains), the baking soda will absorb the urine or fecal residue.