Use a toothbrush to rub liquid laundry or dish soap directly into the gum. This should break up the gum’s fibers and let you easily scrape off the wad. Wash the garment, applying stain remover if needed.
Additionally, how do you remove chewing gum stains?
Removing chewing gum stains
- Freeze the gum. The first thing to do is apply cold. …
- Remove gum. Once the gum is hard, just peel it off by hand.
- Load. Place the garment into the washing machine with other items. …
- Dose. The cap is also a dosing device. …
- Wash. Wash as usual with Ariel, making sure to dose correctly. …
Also, how does toothpaste remove chewing gum from clothes?
How to Use Toothpaste to Remove Gum From Clothing
- Smear a dab of toothpaste on top of the gum wad.
- Flatten the gum wad using a ruler or credit card.
- Let the toothpaste air dry.
- When the toothpaste is dry, the gum should be hard enough that you can peel or scrape it off.
- Wash the fabric as usual.